Please note the Monday session runs from 4.15pm-5pm and is held at Ballarat High (Arch Sports Centre). This program IS available for anyone who wants to participate!
Whats Aussie Hoops all about?
Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides boys and girls with a fun and safe Basketball experience that serves as an introduction to a lifetime of involvement in the game. In addition to promoting healthy and active lifestyles, the program serves as a platform for social development and inclusion - fostering stronger and more vibrant communities and individuals.
Benefits for children
• Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports participation;
• Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being;
• Children learn the importance of health and nutrition;
• Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured;
• Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed;
• Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling;
• Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence;
• Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills;
• Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches;
• Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops through to the elite level; and
• Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides a structured and federally endorsed program for children to participate in over a five year period.