Due to Covid-19 Aussie Hoops programs have been impacted in terms 2, 3 and 4 2020.
Under the current guidelines from State and Federal Government, we are unable to conduct programs. If we are able to run any type of program for the remainder of 2020 please keep an eye on this page and our facebook page.
If you would like to be kept up to date and be informed as soon as we know more please send an email to email@example.com and we will add you to our mailing list for Aussie Hoops and other great junior programs.
What is Aussie Hoops all about?
Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides boys and girls with a fun and safe Basketball experience that serves as an introduction to a lifetime of involvement in the game. In addition to promoting healthy and active lifestyles, the program serves as a platform for social development and inclusion - fostering stronger and more vibrant communities and individuals.
Benefits for children
• Children learn the fundamental motor skills for future physical activity and sports participation;
• Children learn the basics of fitness conditioning, muscle management and well-being;
• Children learn the importance of health and nutrition;
• Important physiological and mental skills are nurtured;
• Respect for others as well as social, team work and cooperation skills are developed;
• Contact with coaches, ambassadors, older children and parents provides valuable role modelling;
• Children are exposed to multi-functional environments creating greater self-confidence;
• Physically active children are more attentive, have a more efficient memory and better problem solving skills;
• Children are coached and encouraged by accredited and periodically assessed coaches;
• Children are exposed to the Australian Basketball pathway from Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops through to the elite level; and
• Vicinity Centres Aussie Hoops provides a structured and federally endorsed program for children to participate in over a five year period.
What does your Child Get?
- You not only get all the benefits listed above to help their personal development and motor skills but.
- New participants receive a "start up pack" which includes your very own basketball, Aussie hoops jersey and carry bag.
- benefit of working with small groups and age levels.
- interact with the best basketballer players regional Victoria has to offer
- Coaches that want to be there to help your child enjoy their time.