This July WNBL Bendigo Spirit Head Coach Simon Pritchard returns to Basketball Ballarat to work closely with both athletes and coaches.
In the past two years Bendigo Spirit and Basketball Ballarat have built a strong partnership, including Spirit players suiting up for the Rush in the SEABL, Ballarat families filling the stands at Spirit home games, and importantly Simon Pritchard taking the time to impart his knowledge and passion to the Basketball Ballarat community.
This is the third time in the past two years that Pritchard will visit with Ballarat coaches, athletes and parents in a variety of forums. Basketball Ballarat Manager of Athlete & Coach Development Nathan Cooper-Brown commented on the visit, “It’s really a wonderful occasion every time Simon is able to visit our program. This July we are lucky enough to have him provide advanced learning opportunities for our JET coaches, introduction opportunities with our Domestic coaches/athletes, and be on floor working directly with a variety of athletes.”
Pritchard will also be working with the broader community when he visits with Sebastopol Primary, and Mt Clear international students. Cooper-Brown added, “Basketball is now very much a world game, it is incredibly popular. It’s a vehicle to help develop positive members of our society, and an important avenue for children to have fun. Having Simon step out into greater Ballarat is the kind of initiative we are looking to continue, as we grow the game and support our entire community.”
Pritchard joins Basketball Ballarat on July 16 where he is a guest speaker for the Ballarat versus Dandenong SEABL double header at the Minerdome.
On Monday July 17 at Ballarat Grammar from 630pm he conducts his first open to all, domestic coach’s clinic.
(Please see the schedule below. All coaches, parents and athletes are welcome to observe any non-school event)
For further information please contact Manager – Athlete & Coach Development: Nathan Cooper-Brown [email protected]
Simon Prichard Basketball Ballarat Schedule (July 16-20, 2017)
Sunday July 16
• 9-11am JET U12 Skills Day
• 12-2pm Rush v Rangers @ Minerdome – all access session with coaches (in the rooms, scout the game, half time adjustments)
• 4pm Simon as guest speakers for Miners after game function
Monday July 17
• 630-830pm Community Coaches Clinic @ Ballarat Grammar – Skill development
Tuesday July 18
• 9-10am @ Minerdome – Rush individual
• 11am-12pm @ Sebastopol Primary (Media Opportunity)
• 630-830pm @ Loreto College – Rush training
Wednesday July 19
• 645-745am @ Minerdome – SET practice
• 8-9am @ Minerdome – SET pro shooting
• 115-215pm @ Minerdome – Mt Clear International Students (Intro to hoops) (Media Opportunity)
• 615-715pm @ Loreto – U14 Player development session (and U14 coach’s clinic)
• 715-815pm @ Loreto – U16 Player development session (and U16 coach’s clinic)
Thursday July 20