Exciting opportunity for someone wanting to start a career in business administration with this traineeship, working for one of the most influential sporting organisations in Western Victoria.
- Perfect opportunity for someone wanting to combine their career with their passion for sport
- Diverse role providing opportunity for varied exposure and chances to learn and grow
- Working in a new state-of-the-art $30M Sports Stadium
Proudly providing the communities of Western Victoria with opportunities to participate in indoor sports for over 40 years, Basketball Ballarat has grown and developed over this time into the organisation it is today.
In 2021 they boast a diverse and growing business which operates competitions across a range of sports for people of all ages, a successful hospitality business, a range of community programs and elite teams participating in national competitions that attract athletes from around the world. These current programs see 8,500 users interact with Basketball Ballarat each week.
The organisation has recently moved into a state of the art $24 million 8 court indoor sports precinct, which once the external $5.2M stage two is completed will also boast a café, bistro / sports lounge, commercial gym, consulting suites and 3 outdoor 3on3 basketball courts. This, along with the privately owned 4 courts at the Minerdome provide the community of Ballarat and Western Victoria with all they need to participate in indoor sports.
About the role
This well-balanced role will see you carry out duties across reception, sports administration, events and provide you the opportunity to gain exposure to other areas of the business as your skills develop.
As the first point of contact for all phone and face to face enquiries, you will ensure high standards of professionalism and customer service are achieved. You will offer administrative support to the Basketball Ballarat team members across several sports, programs and events.
It will be your confidence in dealing with customers, your initiative to identify opportunities to add value and the overall pride you take in your daily contribution that will set you up for success in this role.
To succeed in this role, you will demonstrate:
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow a stringent process
- Well developed skills and confidence with customer service
- A genuine desire to help people and willingness to take on a variety of tasks
- An interest or passion for sport is not essential but would be well regarded
- An understanding of the important role community sport plays in our community
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Sports Specific Software
- Consistent performer, reliable, punctual, and dependable
- Pride in your work and a desire to learn and get better each day
The ordinary hours for this role will be spread across Monday to Friday with some later starts and finishes, while events may require the flexibility to assist on weekends.
Note this role will require you to dedicate yourself to the successful completion of a Certificate 3 in Business Administration.
To find out more about this role and to request a position description before applying, please call Tim Walshe on 0412 833 564.
All applications must include a detailed cover letter highlighting your reasons for applying along with an up-to-date resume.
Applications for this role close on Friday 22nd of October.