Coaching Expression of Interest
Basketball Ballarat is looking for knowledgeable and motivated coaches for the 2017 Elite Junior Teams season.
The Elite Teams Program has established standards and values that are designed to achieve its vision of developing a successful, caring, and dedicated culture based program that will teach players and coaches beneficial skills for life on AND off the basketball floor.
As we strive for professionalism and excellence we pursue people of high character that are willing to invest in all aspects of Basketball Ballarat. Successful applicants will be vital in facilitating athletes through the elite junior basketball pathway, whilst also being able to further their own vocations in the established coach’s pathway.
Applicants with a minimum of Level 1 National Coaching Accreditation and elite level playing/coaching careers are preferable (but not compulsory).
Important notes to all applicants
- Applicants are required to be available for all Sunday morning representative training sessions, and one midweek session, as scheduled by the Manager – Athlete & Coach Development.
- Applicants are required to be available for travel throughout the State on Friday nights for VJBL competitions.
- You will need to “buy-in” to the Basketball Ballarat Coaching community and support and adhere to the BB code of conduct and Association program culture.
- All BB coaching positions receive a small expense payment to help with covering some costs of the role throughout the year.
- Applicants are required to obtain a Working With Children’s Card and fill out a VJBL Member Protection Declaration form (if you have a current WWC Check you must present it to the Basketball Administrator. If you have applied for a WWC Check you must supply a copy of the receipt to the Basketball Administrator. All of the above forms must be completed before Coaches commence coaching at Skills/Tryout Sessions).
For further information or enquiries regarding BB coaching opportunities, please contact the Manager – Athlete & Coach Development: Nathan Cooper-Brown on 5330 7616 or [email protected]