Dear Clubs, Members, Teams and Stakeholders,
Following State Government Announcements to further ease restrictions as of 11.59pm Thursday 10th of June, Basketball and in particular Basketball Victoria have been rapidly trying to get clarification on the density or current limitations per venue. Whilst the announcements seemed to be positive for a return on Friday 11th of June the amount of patrons within our venues was not clear enough to determine whether we are safely opening the doors.
With this in mind and also the teams scheduled for Friday night games we have made the decision to cancel the scheduled games and abandon opening on Friday. We are 24 hours out from games with no clear indication on who can actually enter.
We apologies to everyone for delaying this call, we simply want to see all our members back playing basketball and enjoying themselves again. Stay positive as it will happen shortly but for now enjoy an extra-long weekend.
A call on Tuesday June 15th to Thursday June 17th games will be made in the coming days if and when we know more.