Basketball Ballarat plans to allow juniors to retake the court, following the Victorian Government announcements on Sunday the 8th of November. Please note, we are still waiting clarification from Basketball Victoria on some of these rules, which we hope to have by the week’s end.
Week commencing November 16
- BSEC will open it’s doors to clubs, allowing them to run NON-CONTACT team trainings, following the social distancing rules.
Week commencing November 23
- BSEC will remain open for clubs to use for CONTACT training, allowing an additional week for athletes to scale up their on court activities.
Week commencing November 30
- Normal junior competition will resume for 3 weeks prior to the Christmas break. This will be a continuation of the short ‘lightening premiership season’ which was launched in July. This season is aimed at allowing athletes to take up the sport again, and there will be no grading/finals.
Week commencing February 1
- A new season will commence with an extended grading period, before starting an estimated 20 week championship season. This will allow the BBA to get back on track with normal competition dates.
- A survey will be sent to all teams who indicated they would like to return to sport ASAP. This survey will allow teams to vote on how they would like their season to return